Self development is a must when growing your business. The problem I ran into was I didn’t always know what books to read. So I’ve given you 10 books for entrepreneurs that I really liked to get you started or to keep you going if you’re an avid reader.
I guess that is a lie! I’m not an avid reader. In fact, I’m a very slow reader and don’t really enjoy reading. But that doesn’t stop me from enjoying many books and expanding my knowledge. I just use audio books. All these books can be downloaded in audio format or worse case via a CD.
When you’re looking for more books to read or listen to, ask your mentors or ask people that are in groups or classes that you are a part of. You can also search on Google for “books for entrepreneurs” or ask me for more books and I’ll be happy to get you some more great reads.
10 Must Read Books for Entrepreneurs
- The Genie Within: Your Subconscious Mind by Harry W. Carpenter An amazing look at how your subconscious mind works and how you can use it to your advantage.
- You are a Badass:How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero A fun book with lots of funny stories and a kick in your butt of recognizing your greatness and accepting it
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miquel Ruiz These 4 agreements are easily learned but not always easily done. I loved how this book explained how these agreements work together and how you can learn to make these agreement with yourself
- The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Big Business Idea by Bob Burg and John David Mann Through one man’s journey, this book exposes what is important in achieving success
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy You may not see anything happening with your efforts, but this book explains what is going on that you can’t see when you are doing a little consistent effort. The penny story hit the point home.
- The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity by Catherine Ponder The Universe follows certain laws and you’ll need to be aligned with them in order to achieve lasting success.
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz Not only will the methods in this book help you achieve success in your business but they also can be used in every aspect of your life.
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness by Jeff Olson This was the first book I listened to over and over again one right after the other. It has so many gold nuggets!
- What To Say When You Talk To Your Self by Shad Helmstetter, Ph. D. Great for learning techniques for getting rid of negative self talk and increase your potential for success.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki. This is about a child taking advice from both his dads. One is a rich dad and the other is a poor dad. Recommended to see the difference between how the rich and the poor thinks!